Sunday, November 27, 2011

Black Friday

                                       (I am in Livingston Mall with our first shopping bag)

One of the other things that made me very curious about Thanksgiving was Black Friday. I heard about Black Friday when I was in Vietnam. As I remember, I had read an article about how crazy it was last year in Buffalo;  people ran and stood on each other trying to get into the shop first. That made me scared of going shopping on Black Friday. But I told Ben that I wanted to experience the shops on Black Friday even though I didn't want to buy anything. So we went to Livingston Mall on Black Friday. I was very surprised that the mall was not that busy. It was just so attractive that every shop had big promotional signs in front. We ended up buying some clothes with very good deals.

I never saw such a big discount for every store that we went to. I think it made me a little bit crazy because one of the price tags confused me when we went to the Macy's shoes department. Ben said he wanted to go and see the men's section. So I was walking around and found 2 pairs of boots that I liked with very good deals. Sadly they just had one pair my size. I tried them on and they fit me pretty well. When Ben came back, I showed them to him and he said they were nice. I was very excited and said: they are very cheap too! Ben asked: how much are they? I went to take the sample pair they put on the shelf with the price and said: they are only: $39.99! Immediately Ben turned to me and said: no, I think they are $139.99. I said no way, it had the sticker $39.99 over the old price which was $159, but the number 1 was only half covered. There were two more women approaching the boots and said the same thing as me: wow they are only $39.99! I felt I had a company now. So we all asked the store assistant how much they were? AND Ben was right, they were $139.99. I put them down and said: I am not that in love with those boots so we can go. That was my story and I don't know if any of you fall for stores strategies with their promotional tricks. Anyway, it was so much fun going shopping on Black Friday, which we totally do not have in Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment