Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Apple and Pumpkin Picking

(We were next the an old tractor ready for apple picking)
As soon as Fall started to come, my parents-in-laws began talking about apple picking. So two weeks ago, on a nice Saturday afternoon, we went apple picking. It was so much fun because I got to see actual apple trees for the first time and I got to go on a tractor for the first time. We were all very excited and we ended up picking too many apples which we had to eat for the whole next week.
(This is our second basket of apples)

I was very excited and wanted to go to the pumpkin field. I was shocked to see pumpkins there which were giant! They were much much bigger than Vietnamese pumpkins. I think almost everything from farming products in America is bigger than in Vietnam.
(I could not lift this pumpkin.)

After going apple and pumpkin picking, I thought we should have something like that for tourists in Vietnam. I think it would be so much fun to see how we plant and harvest rice. I still remember how much fun it was when my family went harvesting for sweet potatoes.

3 comments:

  1. Looks fun! I don't know if people on the east coast cut down their own Christmas trees, but that's really fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think that some organizations in Vietnam do run rice-planting trips for tourists to see how rice is grown and harvested, but I'm not sure how many Vietnamese people would be interested in going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vietnamese farmers should totally get tourists to pick their fruit and and plant rice crops. The tourists would love it and the farmers could relax and have free workers! ;-)

    ReplyDelete