Thursday, October 27, 2011

Autumn


(These trees are changing color in our back yard)

When I first came to America, many people asked me how are the seasons in Vietnam, and then they scared me by saying that in New York the summer is very hot and the winter is very cold. From my personal experience, even though summer in Hanoi is hotter than in New York (last summer it was around 115 Fahrenheit degree for quite a long time and very humid), but I still prefer summer in Hanoi. The reason is that when it is hot in Hanoi, almost the temperature is the same inside and outside (AC is not that common in Vietnam), but here in America, everywhere (in the house, on the bus, on the train, Metro, shops,.....) has air conditioner and it is always cold for me inside. So I always had to carry a sweater with me this summer.

That was my summer and I was very excited for fall here. And now fall happening! I really enjoy seeing all the trees changing colors and all the leaves are falling. Sometimes, I cannot feel fall in Hanoi because it happens too fast. I always love fall in Vietnam, the weather is the nicest time of the year. You can see leaves falling and feel the special cool breeze in autum in Hanoi, but you don't see color changing from the trees. This is such a new and great experience in my life, the first time seeing trees with different colors. Some trees are still green, some are yellow, some are very red and some even have no more leaves.

(More trees in our back yard)
To see how great fall looks in New York City, our friends Abby and David took us to the Cloisters Museum where everyone says it is beautiful during this time of the year. It was very nice to see another part of NY City which is totally different from the busy and crazy areas in NY City.
(David, me and Abby at the West side of the Cloisters Museum)

Not only because of the color changing on all the trees, I love fall also because there are so many fun things we do in fall.

1 comment:

  1. HI Huyen

    I would like to feature your blog on my blog. Do you mind if I email you a few questions? It would be great if you could send me your email address to tabithacarvan at gmail dot com

    Thanks!
    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete